Tuesday 5 April 2011

The Beginning!

So this is it! You;ve stumbled across my blog and are probably wondering what it's all about! Basically, it's an account of my foray into running! Thought at best it might prove useful for another running newbie!

I should probably introduce myself...

I'm James, from Thornham in Rochdale, though mostly living in Leeds for Uni - a Master's degree in Environmental Engineering at the University of Leeds. Though I'm a newbie to running, I'm a semi professional squash player, so I start the running quest with good general fitness!

My normal training session involves around 30 minutes of high intensisty circuit training on court 'squash circuits', consisting of a mix of cardio, core and plyometrics, with a 45 seconds on 15 seconds rest approach. At best I try to do this 3 or 4 times a week, with matches and/or drills every day.

Anyway, I've decided to do a bit more running, partially as being stuck in a squash court box isn't too good in summer, and partially as the mate i ride with in summer has taken up triathlon, so seems like a good opportunity! I guess in this blog I'll document any training, races, problems and tips along the way!

Time to go!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home